Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Update 2009

Hello everyone! It's Tinsel the Tibetan Terrier and I am so darn happy and proud that I have to start blogging again ! Yay!

First and foremost, I want to apologize for not updating my old blog,
www.goguyguy.blogspot.com, for such a long time. It has been really crazy and busy for us and we were totally side-tracked. Mom has even forgotten the password to our old blog and is now in the process of recovering it.

Anyways, long story short, shortly after our last post there, Kimba was diagnosed with Legg-Calves-Perthes and we have been busy trying to treat his condition ever since. It has been a long battle but we're glad to announce that Kimba is now completely well. In the end, he still had to go through surgery (Femoral Head Ostectomy) to shave off his degenerated left hip joint, and it was really heartbreaking for all of us. However, he's such a strong and brave little guy that he rebounded really quickly and was up and "hopping" in no time. He went through another six months of rehab - combination of ultrasound therapy, acupuncture and hydrotherapy (underwater treadmill and swimming), and regained a fairly good range of motion in his left leg. He is now running and jumping with only a very slight sway in the left and his leg muscles are quite nicely developed - way to go, big boy!

In addition to that, we've finally made our big move from Vancouver to Hong Kong last summer. It took us quite awhile to settle in, but we're doing good now - so I guess it's about time to start blogging again!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the most important thing that I want to tell you guys: I am no longer fearful anymore! Remember the timid and fearful me who used to growl and react so very often? Well, with help from my new friends Peter and Cindy, I have came to the realization that I have been so darn silly and am finally learning to enjoy life. Everyone who used to know the "old" Tinsel is truly amazed at the new me, so I guess that tells you how different I am now! Mom says she will write a separate post about this so please stay tuned!

Meanhwile, Mom's urging me to go to bed now so I guess I'd better sign off now.

Sweet dreams!

-Tinsel

No comments: