Sunday, March 22, 2009

Time-out

I'm drunk.

I'm craving chicken wings. I don't like chicken wings much, but I crave them when I'm drunk.

So I must be drunk.

Not drunk drunk, but tipsy drunk. Just enough to crave chicken wings.

This is the "feeling good" drunk.

I believe Lolita is tipsy too coz she is in bed already. Usually she would still be watching TV.

We had a little party in the kitchen, just the two of us, marinating meats for tomorrow's dinner.

It all started when we ran out of sake for marinating and I opened up a bottle of vodka instead.

Then one thing led to the other, vodka with pineapple juice, then a dash of coconut and ice. Ahh.......vodka colada.

After that, I started to add interesting things to the minced chicken, first more vodka, then a bit of cayenne pepper, and a dash of curry powder, and....... hmmm.. I can't remember what else....So now we will be having a secret recipe chicken tsukune tomorrow. If you like it, just remember not to ask me what's in it coz I have no idea. Yup. No freaking idea. Just some of the spices I have on hand.

It's good to be a bit drunk once in a while as I enjoy the lightness it brings. Especially when I am not in the mood to consider any complicated matters.

Just when I thought I got everything figured out, life will always have a surprise around the corner, waiting. I'm a bit tired and my brain can do with a little time-out for tonight.

Bottoms up!
AM

No comments: