Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cravings

Woke up feeling thirsty and craving something simple: ice cold, juicy Red Anjou pears. Better yet, the organic ones.

Foraged for a replacement in the kitchen but found only mangoes and blueberries. No pears in sight. Not even a green one.

Darn.

Then I smelled something in the air. Waffles. Someone's making waffles nearby.

So I looked around the kitchen again, and finally settled for something simple yet staple: bread n' butter.

A piece of soft, aromatic mixed grain, covered with lightly salted, organic butter.

Yummy..... and not bad for a substitute at all.
Now I'm satisfied, and fully in gear for a new day.

First a bit of research on the kids' heartworm / tick prevention. (Note: yes, I'm finally giving in to idea of giving them some sort of prevention).

Then some more research on a yoga gig that I am considering taking.

Finally, freshen up and take the kids down for a walk, before dropping them off at Cindy's for grooming.

Ya. Grooming, outside of home, Tinsel's first.

I am so happy that she will finally be having her first spa session for real. After all, a city girl like her deserves some pampering once in a while, right? I'm sure she'll have a story to tell. :)

Kimba, on the other hand, has been to grooming a couple of times, but that was all before he got diagnosed with his leg condition. After that I did everything myself as I didn't want him to stress his leg too much by standing for a long time. And now that his leg is all good, he is allowed to tag along his big sister for some pampering as well - what a lucky dude!

Anyways, I'll be going into the office today to finish some work on hand, and hopefully, to hand in my resignation as well. Wanted to do that all week last week but nobody's around to take it. I hope the guy's not leaving early again so I can talk to him face-to-face. Otherwise, I'll have to somehow set up an appointment with him or consider leaving a letter on his desk. I hope it won't come to that, but my patience is running thin. It's either I'm in, or I'm out. (And I want out!) Simple as that. Can't let this drag on any longer.

So wish me luck, as I really want to do this the proper way.

And there will be yet another yummy dinner with family tonight - I'm thinking of Shanghainese - actually craving Xiao Lung Bao a bit by now... hmmm....

Have a great Tuesday,
AM

No comments: