Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dumbo

I am a big, big, Dumbo.

*sigh*

I am so embarrassed to tell this to anyone, but I just have to share how stupid I felt. Here's the "intelligent" conversation I just had with my dear wine buddy, Philip:

(M=me / P=Philip)
M: Hey, I got a question...
P: Yeah?
M: You know,my wines in the wine fridge?

P: And?
M: Hmmm... I don't know what's wrong, but since I moved back to Hong Kong, the labels on my wine bottles have been molding up.. I would wipe them out every once in a while, but they just keep coming back!
P: That's because it's too humid inside.
M: I know, but that never happened before.
P: In Canada ah ma, but Hong Kong is a lot more humid.
M: I know, but what do I do now? Get rid of this fridge and get an expensive one with humid control?
P: Are you planning to add to your collection anymore?
M: No way, I've had enough of this. I am done "taking care" of the wines.
P: Well, then just put a "dehumidifying thing" in the fridge (in Chinese: 吸濕大苯象)
M: How can I put a dehumidifyer into the fridge? I need to connect the electric supply somehow.
P: What electric supply?
M: To make the dehumiifyer work.
P: Ha?
M: you know, to power up the thing
P: Why would you need to power up a disposable dehumidifying pail?
M: oh you mean, those plastic pails with dessicants or something inside?
P: Yeah, what else? Don't tell me you were thinking of high tech gadgets.
M: ..............speechless......
P: Well, since you've decided to slowly deplete your wine collection, may I remind you that I am in town for the next little while?

My dear 肥朋友, you couldn't imagine how grateful I was to find out about the 吸濕大苯象! I've been pulling out all those bottles and cleaning them up one by one, over and over again...Thanks for pointing out how dumb I have been....

*sigh*

Today, I crown myself, Ms. Dumbo

-AM

2 comments:

Noosiekins said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

i know. been so dumb for months, wiping down the bottles and scratching my head on what I can do to prevent the labels from molding again....