Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yes I like it hot, but No, I don't like it hot!

Reminder to self: Yes, I like it hot. Hot spicy food, hot springs, hot sunny beaches, and of course, hot sex.

Reminder to self: No, I don't like it hot. I mean, Hot Yoga.

I've always disliked Hot yoga classes but it's been over a year since I took my last hot class, so naturally, I've forgotten how badly I hated it. And today was a great reminder to myself.

I had originally planned to take an Anusara class around noon-ish today, but when I woke up in the morning, I remembered that I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch. So I cancelled my Anusara class and decided to take another yoga class in the late afternoon instead. And guess what they offer around that time? Hot Yoga. Hot classes in all the studios at the same time. Unless I was willing to idle around town until 6pm, I would have no choice but to take a hot class.

Well, oh well. Having forgotten why and how I hated it, I thought, what the hell, it's just one class and it won't hurt.

Next thing I knew, I was half suffocating in the studio, wondering what time it is and when the class will end. I felt so darn fatigue that I couldn't get into the shower right after class - I would probably faint if I did so.

In all fairness, it has nothing to do with the teacher, as he was actually quite good. Clear, concise instructions and smooth flow from one asana to the next. I would definitely take his classes again as long as they're not in a hot room.

Anyways, after two cans of Pocari and a shower, I was still exhausted and didn't even have much of an appetite for food. I went home, nibbled at my dinner, and fell asleep out of total exhaustion. It has nothing to do with physical tiredness, as I have no muscle soreness at all. It was just a complete drainage of energy.

So stupid of me to waste my time and precious energy in Sauna Yoga. I mean, what's the difference between doing yoga in a hot yoga studio and doing yoga in a sauna room? The size of the room.

And here I am, eyes wide open in the middle of the night.

So, reminder to self: No more Hot Yoga classes for me. Ever.

How I missed doing "natural" yoga in the great outdoors!
-AM

2 comments:

Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Ahhh, the great outdoors. Something that is non-existent here in the city.

Hot sex? At my age, I've forgotten what that is.

Tinsel and Kimba said...

You gotta be kidding me, my dear OLD teacher!

No.1: you're not THAT old. Men in their 70's could still have babies, Kay? I'm not THAT naiive. (rolling my eyes)

And No. 2: I've come to the conclusion that there are two types of "hot" sex, actually. The first one being the type that we, the common folks, know of; and the second, the type that only hot yoga lovers will practice: sex in a sauna room. I bet they get a kick out of it. Definitely not me coz I'll probably faint halfway! Now maybe THAT's old!