Friday, April 10, 2009

Lucky versus P-1000

Went for Lucky's second training session on Wednesday and took him out for a long walk all by myself, so I could better assess his progress and issues.

Just when I turned the corner from his home, someone familiar walked into sight: Pete. He has just finished a session nearby, and decided to swing by to see how things were going.

Thanks, my teacher, for caring, and for taking your time.

Together we walked Lucky throughout the neighborhood, meeting people, meeting dogs. He did act up at times, but he was at least 30% better than the last time I walked with him. The intensity of his "fixation" if we would call it, was much higher than that of Tinsel's or a lot of other dogs with similar problems. This did not come as a surprise as he's already 10 years old and whatever issues he had, had been accumulating over all these years. He has proven to us though, that he is "curable", but he just needs some time. With persistence and patience, he will eventually learn and change. It will not happen overnight, but it will happen in time.

Lucky, you're not only lucky, you'll soon be Happy as you will now gradually shed all your uncertainties and live a happy, normal life as a real Happy-go-Lucky.

As for me, I consider myself very lucky indeed to have met my teacher who truly cares about how his students (and their students) are doing.

Every encounter, every conversation with Pete is always interesting and inspiring. This time, I finally nailed what Pete's distinctive calm and assertive energy is about. Imagine the T-1000 in T2: non-emotional, firm, and covered with this liquid metal shield that is soft, yet impregnable. It doesn't matter what state the dogs were in,
they just know that there was nothing they could do to push this guy over - he's just here, calm, firm, and fair, so they'd better respect and behave.

Not T-1000, but rather, P-1000.

If I could only control my emotions and "energetic shield" just like that.

I'll be working on being the next gen T-1001 and make it an A-1001 then!
-AM

I don't need that hot-bod, just gimme that shield...

No comments: