Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rooted

I'm exhausted. Aching all over. Trembly legs, sore bum, achy arms.

And I wonder if I can get out of bed in the morning.

This is not the "oh I'm tired" kind of sore. This is hardcore. Deep inside every muscle, every tendon.

All because of one, one-hour Anusara class with Patrick.

Un-believable. I am so out of shape. I couldn't imagine how I could've done those three-hour classes with him just a few months ago --??!!

But I had to say, I'm really glad I've finally gathered enough determination to go again. It's been, how long? Four - five months since I last took a class with him? Panda-Ann have been avoiding his classes as they're really kick-ass tough. I've been thinking of going again lately, but didn't feel I was fit enough to survive the class yet. Somehow, last night something snapped, and I decided to sign up and just go. No more if's and but's. Just go and give my fullest, and enjoy whatever the outcome.

And as I was sweating my heart out on my mat this afternoon, I was filled with this feeling of wholeness, of belonging. Like I've finally gone back to my roots. Grounded. Rooted.

I'm so-oooo glad to finally free up my time from the office so I can spend more time with things that I enjoy doing or should be doing.

Like spending time with the kids. Walking, training, hiking. Quality time that is much needed to stregthen that bond between us.

Like, for instance, Tinsel. It seems that we have reached a point of resistance with her rehabilitation, and she's even relapsed a little into her old self at times. It is understandably, quite discouraging, and I have to admit that I was a bit disheartened at first. But I'm not going to give in. No-no. Now that I've begun learning and experiencing training other dogs with Pete and Cindy, I am much better prepared to push forward instead of giving in.

If we were able to do it once, we will be able to do it again.

But I have to say, that I am truly grateful to have Pete as my teacher, for his guidance and encouragement when I most needed them. A strong grounding force when I fell adrift.

And to my mentoring teacher, Ada, who has shown me the path of Yoga that has helped rooted me when I grew afloat.

I bow to you, my teachers,
AM

No comments: