Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Vet difference

Hey Hey, Tinsel here again!

Mom says I should post an update on my and Kimbie's recent condition as our Aunt's and Uncle's will be worrying about us.

Well, I'm doing much better already. My ear is still a bit irritating but it has calmed down a lot. I still scratch it a little from time to time, but it isn't bothering me as much. Mom washes me with this saline solution and it feels gooooood.

As for my tummy.... I'm no longer having the runs but my poop is still a bit soft, and Mom says it's probably due to the yucky tasting canned food that I have been eating. Yeah, about that canned food. It tastes BAD, but I have no choice coz Dr. Yim says I should eat it for a few days. It gives me really itchy paws and bum too, so I know I must be allergic to something in it. Can't wait till I get my regular food back... one more day to go....!

And Kimbie.... *sigh*, don't know what's wrong with him, but he's still got those nasty pimples all over him. Mom found two new ones today, one on his arrr... his.... thingy, and one at the corner of his eye. The meds that Dr. Yim has prescribed for him seems to relieve his itchiness, but the pimples are not really going away. Mom says we will give it another day or two and if the pimples are still here, he will be seeing Dr. Yim again. Hmmm... I wonder if I can tag along, just to say Hi....

Oh, Dr. Yim. She's a very nice lady and I think I really like her. She was calm, firm and quite reassuring when I visited her the other night. She's so nice that she even called Mom up personally to check up on us, and to tell Mom that my stool test was negative. Mom says she belongs to a different breed of Vet, as she truly cares about her patients, and not just her pay cheque. Personally, she reminded me of Dr. Susan back in Vancouver. Hmmm... Vancouver. How I missed it. And Auntie G., Dr. Susan, Bug, Jodie, Lisa......Ollie. *sigh* and rabbit......yummy... (I'm drooling....)

And Mom. Wow. She's growing into this tough alpha bitch and I am really getting to admire her. Whenever we go out for walks, she will be in control of everything and everyone around us, even other doggies and their humans. I felt so darn proud and safe! The only one complaint that I have is that I can't get my ways at home anymore. No more couch privileges, no more this, no more that. And when she wants me to go over to her, it's like, snap (her finger), point at her feet, and I'll have to go over right away. Otherwise....ha! I'll be in trouble.

But I gotta say that she's taking good care of us. The first and last thing she does everyday, is taking Kimbie on her lap, and slowly wipe him down with the solution that Dr. Yim prescribed, toe by toe, paw by paw. Then she will tell me to lie down and clean my ear, wipe down my itchy paws and itchy bum before checking me all over to ensure that I'm not getting any of those horrible pimples that Kimbie has.

Thanks, Mom, and sweet dreams....(Mom's snoring high on the couch again!)
Tinsel

No comments: