Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What the heck?

Got a couple of mysterious visitors lately.

One a day, for the last four days. Appearing in different corners around our home.

At first, I thought we had a flea crisis, as I just smacked them really quickly, and they're just about the same size as regular fleas.

I started wondering when I found the third one, as the kids are on Frontline Plus, and shouldn't have that many fleas, if any. (And besides, I've combed them out really thoroughly and they have absolutely nothing on them!)

So when the fourth bug appeared, I restrained myself from smacking it right away, and took a photo of it first.

And here it is. Some sort of weevil or grain beetle type of thing. Not going to bother my dogs but definitely a mystery as to why they would be found here at home. I mean, I'm not exactly a clean freak, but I'm not a dirty, messy person either. And together with Lolita's diligent help, our place is really sparkling clean. It's even hard to find a strand of hair anywhere on the floor, not to mention any bugs.

So what the heck??!!

We'll be doing a full sweep of the place tomorrow. Everything has to be checked and re-checked. And then, boric acid powder in all the corners of the rooms.

Hopefully that'll do the job.

Well, at least they're not roaches.
AM


RIP, mystery bug no. 4:

No comments: