Monday, June 22, 2009

90 Pesos....

..... for a Sisig lunchbox at the Manila International Aiport.

Ninety pesos out of the last two hundred pesos I had left, and I opted for the Sisig lunchbox instead of the Chicken Adobo.

I've had Chicken Adobo before and liked it, but I just wanted to give something new a try, and Sisig looked okay, something like the Taiwanese minced pork with rice. I asked the waitress if it's pork and she says yes, so Sisig it was.

The minute I opened the box, I knew I was in trouble.

This thing smelled. Of some gamey pork, or wait...maybe even.... pork intestines.

I started this internal debate as I toyed around with my chopsticks:

ME: Oh shit, this thing stinks.... I think I'm going to puke....

me: But you haven't tried it yet, maybe it's yummy?

ME: yeah right, it may be yummy but it stinks...and besides, I don't think it is pork...

me: no, just look closely, some of it looked like pork

ME: Yeah, tiny bits of pork meat with....pork skin....or...arghh..pork INTESTINES??

me: no la, maybe just pork fat?

ME: no way, it stinks, just like pork intestines, oh gosh, I can't eat it...it's sick...

me: but what else can you get now that you only have 110 pesos left?

ME: I don't care, I just know that I can't eat this, it stinks and I'll puke!

me: but it's such a waste to throw it away though...

ME: of course I know it's a waste, but I can't eat it...can YOU?

me: argh....no, sorry

ME: ok, so it's agreed, we'll chuck it....

me: ok, but...

ME: no buts, we'll just go over to Seattle's Best Coffee and grab a Panini then, they take credit cards over there, K?

me: Ok....

*sigh* and that goes my 90 pesos and my attempt in adventurous eating in the Philippines.

Sisig, no more,
AM

No comments: