Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nailed it!

Yup. Nailed my first Pre-natal class tonight, with all three new students signing up for the package right after their trial class. The office was quite surprised as the students seemed quite excited and wanted to sign up for their next class right away. Glad they liked me, and glad that I have been given the opportunity. It's going to be quite a challenge, tuning in with pregnant moms, teaching them about pregnancy, childbirth and what-not. I know I will enjoy it immensely though, as I will be teaching the more philosophical side of yoga rather than purely the physical side of it. Guiding my students to explore the connection between the mind, body and breath. Guiding them to close their eyes and turn inward, instead of out.

Just when I thought I was starting to get a bit bored with teaching yoga. I mean, teaching yoga in Hong Kong to be specific, as it is getting to a point where it's just physical postures and nothing more. Lacking the essence, the true meaning of yoga, making it boring to practice, and even more so to teach.

And now, this new opportunity for me to explore deeper and to share my knowledge of true yoga with my students. Not bad. Not bad at all.

As for now, I'm going to reward myself for the day's hard work with the remaining half tub of Hazelnut Chocolate Gelato, before heading into a long hot soak in the tub.

And No, I'm not sharing. Not the gelato, and definitely not the bath.
-AM

No comments: