Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pain and pleasure....I like....

Craved for a nice decent piece of Toro last night, and suggested going to a mid-range kaiten sushi place in Causeway Bay for dinner.

We have just finished a yoga class in Tsim Sha Tsui and hubby was just feeling too lazy to "trek" his way to CWB, so he suggested trying this other place that I've mentioned sometime ago.

Big mistake - for him. Big treat - for me.

He remembered the name of the restaurant, but he has forgotten the occasion. I had mentioned going there for my birthday back in March, but in the end we settled for something else. I had set aside this place for another occasion - maybe his birthday.

Imagine, a place that I wanted to go for special occasions..... must be some place special or pricey.

In the end, not only that I had my cravings of Toro fulfilled, I even got to have really fresh and yummy Hirame usu zukuri, the thinly sliced Hirame sashimi, which is not too common in Hong Kong. Top that up with one of the best Anago in town, and I'm way over just being content.

And that expression on hubby's face when he saw the bill! The best representation of "pain and pleasure" I've ever seen. Yeah, it was good, and he enjoyed the food immensely. But it was expensive. At least double of what we would've paid at the mid-range kaiten sushi place.

Guess he would never feel lazy to trek over to CWB for some decently priced and decently made sushi from now on!

-AM

No comments: