Friday, May 1, 2009

My Itchy Bum...

It's 4am in the morning and I'm finally sitting down to check my emails one last time - before I head out for my vacation in the morning.

Yep. A three-day vacation in a hot springs resort near Taipei.

Private in-room hot springs tub, breakfast, dinner, midnight snacks, and all in-room beverages included.

OMG, I'm going to put on so-oooo much weight. My next vacation will probably be one of those detox boot camps where there's only healthy salads with an x-amount of work-out a day, plus, get this, a Colonic irrigation every other day.

Don't laugh. My friend Emma is actually going to one of those detox boot camps in June. These places are for real and there are people who are willing to pay top dollars to get themselves starved and slaved.

I know I'll never be going to one of these places though. Colonic - I can take. Work-out - I can take. Salads and only salads? No freaking way. I'll stage a prison break after the third day for sure! If I'm paying for any kind of vacation, it'd better include some good food. A nice clean bed and a couple of good meals at the very least. It can be cheap local fare, but it gotta be yummy.

Food is quite an important part of travelling to me because it forms part of the local experience. Otherwise, there's just no point travelling if all I'm having is dear Old Mac!

And I do have an "Itchy Bum", as some of my friends may call it, as it seems that I can't sit still for very long. There's always some legit excuse for travelling. Either I need to attend some trade show or conference, or I'm doing some trade show or conference. Then there's yoga immersions and workshops. And last but not the least, there's always this one simple reason: a much needed vacation.

*sigh* If only I could bring the kids along...then I probably won't need a permanent home anywhere at all.

Hmmm.... and what'll be next?

The Great Wall, or the Mayan Ruins?

A beach-side hut, or a bungalow up in the Tibetan mountains?

Or simply, another yoga teacher training, or a surprise visit to my friends?

Hmmmm.....(tapping my fingers...) We'll have to see then...
Ciao,
-AM

No comments: