Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Country Pumpkin goes to the City

What Country Pumpkin? Huh? Who?

Me??!!!

Are you sure? I mean, I'm from Vancouver after all - what? Mom says so?

Okay, okay...whatever! :{

Anyways, just in case you can't tell by now, it's Tinsel here. Mom says she's a bit tired today so she won't be using her PC tonight, therefore, I get to use her computer for a little blogging! Yay!

You see, I have to see Dr. Yim again today to follow-up on my allergic conditions, and both Kimbie and Lolita tagged along for the ride, so we had a little fun out in the City and didn't come home until late. I mean late, like almost midnight! Wow!

Yeah, first we took a long stroll around Kennedy Town after seeing Dr. Yim and I had quite an experience! All that noise and all that commotion! Buses and big cars roaring by and people walking left right and center! But of course, being the "new and improving" Tinsel that I am now, I didn't dodge around, but instead, trotted nicely beside Mom. I couldn't say that I was completely at ease because it was indeed a bit scary for me, but I held myself well. Mom says that's not bad for a start and we should do this more often. Well....errrr...sure!

After that, we went to Dad's workplace to pick him up before heading to a place called Happy Valley for dinner. Yeah, dining out in the City for real! I was so excited - all the scents and sounds were so new and interesting!

Shortly after, we arrived at a restaurant right across a tiny park with some benches and trees. We took a short walk in the park while Dad went and got us a table right outside facing the park. Nice!

It was quite a thrill to be out in the City as everything was a lot more noisier and busier. There were just a lot more things happening at the same time. Both me and Kimbie had a great time observing and sniffing out everything while the adults enjoyed their dinner. Some dogs went by with their humans and I didn't mind them at all. Somewhere along, a little poodle arrived with her humans and sat next to our table, and I hardly noticed her too. Like I said, I'm doing much better now and am getting used to what they called, "to see and to be seen"!

Everything would've been great if not for that funny looking "trainer" and his albino doggie. What? OK..sorry! Mom says I shouldn't call other people names, so I'll take that back. Anyways, there came this "trainer" and his doggie, and they started doing tricks in front of us, right in the center of the park. Jumping, dashing, running etc..., causing a lot of excitement in me and Kimbie (and the other doggie next to us), so I just couldn't resist the urge to bark at them for a little bit. It didn't last very long as Mom stopped me right away, so I gave them one last dirty look and turned away from them.

Things went on quite smoothly after that and Mom even got to enjoy her yummy almond dessert before we headed back to our car. I gotta tell ya, I really enjoyed this little "adventure" and couldn't wait till we go there (or anywhere) again!

Here are some photos of my "outdoor dining" experiences... enjoy!

See ya later, alligator,
Tinsel

March 2009: Temple Street w/ Cindy, Pete, Lolita, Mom and Kimbie


















April 2009: Tung Chung with Lolita, Mom, Dad and Kimbie


















May 2009: Happy Valley with Lolita, Mom, Dad and Kimbie


















Me not minding my poodle neighbor (top right corner)








No comments: