Sunday, May 10, 2009

Freeeeeeeedom!

Yes, freedom!

No longer obligated to go to China in June to do this yoga gig that I didn't want to do. Freeing up a good two weeks' time to do whatever I feel like doing.

Like the up-coming yoga conference....four full days of total immersion, four full days of living, breathing, dreaming, of nothing but yoga. And followed by more than four full days of sore bums and thighs and arms and....sore everywhere.

But I'll love it coz this is what I enjoy doing.

Being on the mat is grounding and calming for me. But being on the mat with a true master and a room full of dedicated yogis is even more so.

All that positive and supportive energy. All that dedication and inspiration.

And on top of all that, it will also mean that I will have more time to train with dogs, mine and others, and to help at the shelter.

Something that I love doing just as much, if not more.

Yoga is a practice of self discipline and connection to my inner self.

Dog training is an extension of my yoga practice. Taking yoga off the mat, incorporating self discipline and connecting not only to myself but also to the dogs.

I am so fortunate to be able to have found the best of both worlds. Yoga through my mentoring teacher Ada, and Dog Training through my amazingly inspirational teacher, Pete.

There's so much to learn in both disciplines. So much to experience. So much to grow from.

What more can I say? Life's really treating me well.
-AM

No comments: