Friday, July 3, 2009

Slave girl....

...starved and slaved through the day.

House-hunting day with parents and had only two pieces of toast for the whole day. Oh, I forgot, and two cups of tea.

Drove and drove and drove. In and out of the car. Up and down the stairs. Drove some more, and some more, and some more.

Passed a million food stalls but Mom was just too anxious to see more, so sorry, no rest stops in between, we gotta hurry.

Next time, I'm not going to go house-hunting without my picnic basket fully stuffed with food and drinks.

Yeah, stuffed.

Anyways, we saw quite a few places, and some were quite interesting, but nothing really fits our profile. Or should I say, no love-at-first-sight. There's one, a small ground floor unit with prime sea front location, which I sort of liked. The overall layout and neighborhood wasn't bad, but the location itself is a bit questionable - right next to the most busiest part of town where traffic will be horrible on weekends and holidays. It's OK if we don't plan to drive during the weekends, as they do have good public transportation right at our door steps, and even a choice of minivan or mini ferry, the "walla walla". But somehow, I'm still very, extremely, hesitant.

Don't ask me why. I don't know either. Back here for over a year now, but I'm still not too enthusiastic about finding a long-term home yet.

Or maybe, I'm still feeling transitional here in Hong Kong?

Oh gosh, don't tell me that I'm still not settled in!!

View from the quaint ground floor unit: full sea view and right by the sea walk

No comments: