Friday, July 31, 2009

One step at a time....

Pause..... and think it through.

Living closer to work and be in the middle of everything, or, living close to my folks so we could be there when they needed us?


Thought I had already given up on staying close to them, as it has been so impossibly difficult to find any place, any area, that they both liked. I was already at my wits end and was already starting to look into areas near work instead.


Then Mom injured her back, making me pause and re-assess what everything's all about.
It's so much easier to care for them when we're just a brief walk away. Dad coming over for dinner and bringing take out for Mom, who's required to bed rest for a few days. Taking her out to the doc and driving her around town to run her errands, etc...

All at the expense of us, me and hubby, living a bit further away from work, requiring the daily commute.

But is that really such a bad and long commute? Not really. It's just a bit out of the way, that's all.


*sigh*


But of course it would be so much better if they would be willing to move closer to town.

*sigh*

Guess I shouldn't give up so easily and try to convince them into moving again...this time taking it a bit slowly, one step at a time.


No comments: