Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

The year Two Thousand and Nine:

Last day of the year, and I'm enjoying a precious moment of tranquility at a yoga studio in the middle of Mongkok. People rushing in and out, signing in, changing, and hurrying to class. Yet, here I am, sitting leisurely at the resting lounge, fiddling with my phone while music plays through the ear pieces. I just love this brief moment of nothingness. Of doing nothing in particular, of thinking of nothing in particular. Simply, just being. Just being here, being me.

There's just too much clutter in our daily lives. Obligations, errands, tedious things and useless thoughts, jamming up our minds, taking up our precious time. All that chasing, searching, and planning, but honestly, for what? Happiness? Security?

Hmmmm.... Am I not happy? Am I not secure? I can't help but smile when I type those words. Happiness, to me, is really just a simple choice of letting myself feel good, of being able to let go, and of being able to appreciate what and where I am today. And when that all comes into place, the sense of security, this feeling of completeness, will come naturally.

Hmmm... then what have I been doing this whole 2009 then?

Good question.....

-AM



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Cheers,
g