Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just Chillin'

Still jet-lagging, and woke up 6 in the morning. Fiddled around for a while until I finally decided to haul myself out to the city for an early morning yoga practice.

It's been a long time since I've been to Mongkok in the morning, and somehow it felt, different.

Less crowded, more relaxed, and actually, a bit intruiging. Just a wee-bit. It's still Mongkok afterall. :)

And I had a kick-butt practice. Kick-butt in a sense that I was able to actually enjoy it, both physically, mentally and spiritually. My yoga practice has deviated from my original path since moving to Hong Kong, and I was having less and less fun. Instead of simply enjoying the process of practicing, I was getting to a point of pushing and focusing on the results, the ends, of my practices. Being back to Vancouver, and being able to practice again with so many awesome yogis and yoginis, has rekindled that tiny spark that has been dying out within me. It's a slight paradigm shift but I'm having a lot of fun on the mat again.

I am so glad that I've taken the plunge and made my pilgrimage back home to Vancouver. It's a well worth trip and a much needed one.

And all I hope now, is that I could keep myself from getting lost again among the midst of relatively purely physical practices here in Hong Kong.

Om namah shivaya
ॐ नम: शिवाय
AM

No comments: